Short courses will be given on the side-lines of the ICOLD Congress in Marseille.
One of these course will present the international approach to risk analysis of levee systems described in chapter 5 of the International Levee Handbook and its French version through “Études de dangers” (Hazard studies). Illustrated by several examples, it will address the following aspects:
- Introduction and general framework of the risk analysis of levee systems
- Functional analysis. Failure mode analysis
- National and regional flood risk analysis approaches in the United Kingdom
- A practical application to Hazard Studies in France: the example of SYMADREM (Rhone River)
- Use of the results of the risk analysis applied to the Authion levee system (Loire River)
- Conclusion – current practices and development needs. Decision making support
More details on the Congress web page : https://cigb-icold2022.fr/en/programme/sessions-de-formation/
It is now possible to register to the short course without registering to the whole ICOLD Congress.