Only a few days left to submit an abstract to this interesting conference (deadline 13 September 2017).
See web site http://www.protections2018.org/ for details. Extract from the homepage:
The increasing demand for dam, levee and seawall safety and flood protection has motivated new research and advancements and a greater need for cost-effective measures in overtopping protection as a solution for overtopping concerns at levees, dams and seawalls. This conference will bring together leading experts from practice, research, development, and implementation for two days of knowledge exchange followed by a technical tour of the Lake District including some of the impressive dams which can be found there. This conference will focus on:
- Critical issues related to levees, dams and seawalls
- New developments and advanced tools
- Overtopping protection systems
- Overtopping simulators / test facilities
- Overtopping failure mechanisms
- System design and performance
- Applications and innovative solutions
- Case histories of overtopping events
- Physical modelling techniques and recent studies
- Numerical modelling methods.