Over the last 5 years the SAFElevee project team at TU Delft has investigated levee failures and has set up an open-access database (the international levee performance database – ILPD) with over 1500 levee failure and performance cases.
You are warmly invited to attend a webinar on the SafeLevee project and ILPD database.
The event will be held on Friday 25th September from 13.30 – 15.30 CEST, and the program outline is as follows (further details will be made available at a later stage).
Block 1: SAFElevee, the international levee performance database and its use for levee managers
- Introduction to the program, SAFElevee project and International Levee Performance Database
- The use of levee performance information for levee managers (design, crisis management etc.) – 4 short videos on this theme have been prepared by HKV consultants and will be shown
- Open discussion on use by levee managers with contributions from Rijkswaterstaat and other levee managers and participants.
Block 2: International collaboration in collecting, sharing and analysing levee failures
- Short Introduction (Bas Jonkman, TU Delft)
- Presentations by other similar database initiatives (EDF, France and others)
- Panel and open discussion on future use and sharing of levee failure and performance data
Please confirm your attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and feel free to share with others you think may be interested. More details will be provided to attendees prior to the event, including a detailed agenda and access details.